6 Best Bitcoin Mining Software (That Work) in 2020 ...

The long and winding path that led us to where we are today, broken down by major events

I want to be clear, this is my interpretation. As a former /bitcoin subscriber I know this is not the way these events are viewed in that subreddit, but this description is my honest understanding up to this point:
  1. Shortly after Satoshi Nakamoto publicly released bitcoin to the world he chose two people who would have a significant stewardship role over bitcoin: Gavin Andresen and Theymos (who has a real name but we don't use it often and it might be seen as doxxing).
  2. Satoshi Nakamoto decided it was time for him to end his presence with bitcoin so that his present activities weren't inextricably linked to the growth of bitcoin. (He chose not to be a dictator)
  3. Gavin Andresen was the original lead developer of bitcoin-core after Satoshi went underground but he later took a role as the "Chief Scientist" of bitcoin so that others could focus on developing bitcoin-core. This prevented Gavin from being a dictator of bitcoin (benevolent or otherwise). Theymos managed the public relations side of bitcoin by running bitcointalk.org and moderating /bitcoin.
  4. Several of the post-Gavin bitcoin-core committers founded a company called Blockstream and accepted VC funding. Theymos (mod of /bitcoin and owner of bitcointalk.com) is not publicly affiliated with Blockstream, but the agenda on the forums he moderates is closely aligned to their wishes. Blockstream claims no affiliation with Theymos, and has publicly discouraged censorship in these forums, but they continue to benefit from this censorship to this day.
  5. The current bitcoin-core committers began "re-envisioning" the bitcoin-core roadmap to include blockstream innovations, and the potential for them to profit handsomely. The primary innovation is moving transactions off of the bitcoin network and onto sidechains (see: Lightning Network) that could be more profitable, in this case, bitcoin would only be seen as a settlement layer with very few transactions while other networks would do the heavy lifting. It is possible that this transition is being made to satisfy VC funders who have their own plans for profiting from bitcoin & blockchain tech in general. From this point forward, I may refer to the github for bitcoin-core as "blockstream-core" to point out the shift in vision, please note that blockstream-core is not a real software product.
  6. The chief control point that blockstream-core has leveraged is the size of every blockchain block. Satoshi set the size of each block to 1Mb to reduce spam and openly described the need for that to increase as transaction volume increased. Blockstream-core uses this 1Mb limit to limit the number of transactions in each bitcoin block and promote the illusion that bitcoin is at full capacity, and that raising the 1Mb limit would be disastrous for bitcoin. (Though they have recently acknowledged that the blocksize should be increased, there isn't much evidence of this occurring in blockstream-core.)
  7. Gavin Andresen and Mike Hearn, and other* adherents to the original vision of bitcoin as described by Satoshi Nakamoto in the white paper were upset by unwillingness of blockstream-core to increase the blocksize limit and forked bitcoin-core into clients that would accept larger blocksizes, like bitcoin XT, bitcoin classic, and bitcoin-unlimited (in this case, a fork keeps the original coins, but makes a change to increase the blocksize so that the bitcoin nodes can handle larger blocks, thus eliminating the need for the sidechains mentioned earlier). Note that prior to the blockstream hostage crisis other clients were welcomed and encouraged because they promoted a healthy environment for bitcoin to flourish.
  8. The blockstream-core folks worked diligently to silence the voices of "Satoshi's bitcoin" by publicly regarding anyone who ran a forked bitcoin node as an "altcoin user", and removing discussions of "Satoshi's bitcoin" by heavily censoring their comments in /bitcoin. Theymos, the moderator of /bitcoin states that there is no debate, while quietly banning and deleting any comments and users that do not support blockstream-core. Somewhere along this path Theymos made the mistake that both Satoshi and Gavin avoided - he decided that his most important role was that of dictator. I don't say this resentfully, it's just a matter of record.
  9. Many adherents of Satoshi's bitcoin (rightfully) felt persecuted (and were probably banned) from /bitcoin, so they moved to a new subreddit, /btc.
  10. The CEO of coinbase stated publicly that he was interested in researching what was best for bitcoin, and this included running bitcoin nodes using an increased blocksize limit ("Satoshi's bitcoin"), the blockstream-core followers became upset and since they are managing the github for bitcoin.org, they issued a pull request that removed coinbase.com from bitcoin.org because it promotes an "altcoin" (note, in this case, the altcoin is bitcoin with an increased blocksize limit).
  11. Many people on all sides of the argument believed that Coinbase is a company acting in the best interest of bitcoin - not just Satoshi's bitcoin or blockstream-core, and they recognized that removing coinbase from bitcoin.org would confuse users and lead to questions about coinbase's legitimacy for new users.
  12. Since the appearance of ASIC miners, bitcoin mining has been moving to mining farms in China due to low chip production costs and cheap electricity. From 2014-2016 four large solo miners in China accounted for about 90% of found blocks. (Please help me verify the accuracy of this)
  13. Beginning December of 2015, many blocks were at or near the 1MB capacity. It was not uncommon to see 8-10 hour stretches of time with over 10,000 unconfirmed transactions. Though Blockstream Core had indicated a willingness to increase to a 2MB blocksize, this never materialized. Instead, they described unconfirmed transactions as dust, or the sender was blamed for choosing not to send enough of a fee for the transaction. This caused public frustration for casual users who simply wanted to use the network without engaging in politics.
  14. Around this time, Andreas Antonopolous began describing a concept of "failing gracefully", suggesting that many historical technologies, like the Internet, were perpetually on the brink of being overloaded, but they were successfully maintained by "kicking the can down the road", or only implementing small fixes that would allow the technology to work for a few more months/years. This appeared to be a change in sentiment from Andreas who spent several months lamenting the impending crisis.
  15. In February, 2016 representatives from Blockstream Core went to China to meet with miners regarding Segregrated Witness and the block size. It appeared to those in /btc that the intent of Blockstream Core was to pressure miners in China to side with Blockstream Core's 1MB block size limit and reject a 2MB+ limit. By all outward appearances this goal was achieved.
  16. "The Terminator" is a post made to a Chinese language forum that described a concensus by miners in China to switch to the Bitcoin Classic client and endorse a 2MB hard fork. This is supposedly in response to miners feeling manipulated by the Blockstream Core Devs during the meeting in China and their failure to implement the 2MB hard fork in the Blockstream Core client.
tl;dr: Theymos allowed himself to become a dictator of bitcoin and is currently having some success subverting the original will of Satoshi Nakamoto by becoming deeply involved with a company called blockstream and promoting a malicious groupthink so aggressively that he may actually believe he's doing what's best for bitcoin.
Taking Sides: Blockstream Core (/bitcoin)
Taking Sides: Satoshi's Bitcoin (/btc)
* Readers will note that /bitcoin is 10x larger than /btc, this is not an accurate comparison of argument strength because /bitcoin was founded in 2010 while /btc was founded in 2015. Subscriber base does not equate to active participation. For a more accurate comparison of growth see redditmetrics for bitcoin and redditmetrics for btc. It should also be noted that /bitcoin censors any acknowledgement that /btc exists.
I added a few edits to this. Clarifications and suggestions are welcome.
submitted by obiewanbitcoin to btc [link] [comments]

[Table] 2007scape: AMA Thread: RuneScape Old School Team

Verified? (This bot cannot verify AMAs just yet)
Date: 2014-02-06
Link to submission (Has self-text)
Link to my post
Questions Answers
Hello OSRS team, and here are my three questions I would like to ask you. Is it possible to fix the spawn rates on resources, monsters and so on, so that the world population does not affect the spawn rate of said features? It is possible to fix the spawn rates, but the question you have to ask yourself is does the community really want this and is it a priority for the community.
What are your opinions on AutoHotkey (AHK) and MouseKeys (MK)? I've heard that if you use AHK in the same way MK works, then AHK is still considered legal as MK is allowed. Is this the case or is any use whatsoever of AHK restricted? If you are considering new rewards to be implemented that can be bought with Marks of Grace, what rewards will you consider implementing? New Agility shortcuts? Recolouring of Graceful? Option to Imbue? etc.. The best advice I can give about AHK and mousekeys is not to do anything differently than you have been doing. Our approach to it hasn't changed. However, if we talk about the details of AHK the less than reputable players will look for loopholes in order to macro and that's why we are always very vague about it.
Are autotypers allowed? What about macros on a gaming keyboard used for typing when selling? It seems everyone uses them and it's impossible to keep up without them. Autotypers and binding phrases to keys on your keyboard is against the rules. However, we know why people use them and we think that reason needs to be addressed. The impact of autotypers on other players is that they see lots of spam. I would much rather give every player an autotyper made by us and put into the client and then give every account the option to toggle on or off chat sent by the autotyper.
This will allow players to autotype but give every player the opportunity to ignore it with the click of a button.
How do you guys get along with the EoC team? Is there a rivalry in the office? Also, filter game option plzzz. GOTTA GO! WASTING XP! <3. We get along fine with the EOC team. Of course we are superior in every way possible, but we still talk to them... but really Old School borrows expertise from across the entire company. We need a lot of support from the developers, artists, designers and so on to do what we do. Although we spend all our time on Old School, many of the EOC team are needed to deliver what we deliver. We've got a request in the system for the engine team to give us something that'd let us create the game message spam filter. I don't think it'll be a big job for them, but can't predict when they'll have a chance to do it. We get on fine with the EoC team. Well, I'm not a very sociable person myself, but Mod Reach is always hanging out with the QA testers from the other RuneScape. Plus they let us borrow some of their testers for our biggest updates.
Sandwich Lady at Metal Drags. Why? Go. The dragons were hungry?
Do you not approve of inconveniently timed free kebabs?
There is a NPC named "Jeremy Clerksin" in the church in varrock, is he inspired by Jeremy Clarkson off of Top Gear? He is the most important NPC... In the world!
Can the old school team please reduce/remove the number of random events? They are irritating, I sit in the bank for a few minutes deciding what I want to do then I teleport only to get a random. Also I try to go help a friend BOOM Random as I try to teleport to them. We had a conversation with the anti macro team a few weeks ago and asked if random events had an impact on bots. As they did they will be staying in game. If it becomes the case that randoms no longer impact on bots, we'll change them.
What are some of the quirks involved with working on a game engine that is outdated by years? Being the head of bug abuse for the pasty two years now, I've naturally ran into some rather obscure, hilarious and damn right painful bugs. Ash, as a senior content dev, 9 year vet and previous upload manager has ran into even more than myself.
What's the strangest bug you've ran into when developing content for runescape? If I was to put my finger on the strangest bug I've ever encountered, it would have to be the old 'Jullage' bug that happened not long back before RS3 became RS3. To this day, I will never understand why that bug happened.
Would it be possible to add whole new locations to OSRS? For example, a new fremennik island? It's certainly possible to create new locations. After all, that's what the new Slayer dungeon is. We can re-use existing models quite a lot for buildings and scenery.
Any possibility to update construction skill, ability to add fairy rings, altars that switch magic spellbooks, and lunar teleportation portals? We've had some discussion about adding a room for switching magic, with a fairly high requirement.
Edit: first. I've had a look through the POH code. The data storage is not very flexible there. Rooms can have 7 hotspots, three of which may have 7 options and four of which may have 3 options. Most of the rooms are already using all the options on their hotspots. So we'd have to do expansion via new types of room. That's not particularly hard, and I've had quite a few requests for spellbook-switching altars, possibly with a fee for use.
Why were you selected out of all the members of jagex? Back in 2007, I had been the Upload Manager for a couple of years, and was transitioning to a Content Dev role as Mod Nexus took over the uploader job. So Nexus & I were two developers who'd be extremely familiar with the 2007 codebase, as well as all the upload-related tasks that would need to be done for the OSRS content updates.
How do you feel about jagex implementing legacy considering 07 is pre-eoc already. Edit: Lootshare option like rs3 where you get a piece of the armor drop, which with enough peices can be converted into the real thing. I have no feelings about RS3 bringing back legacy mode. I agree with the need to do so and am keeping up to date with it's development. Both for the health of RS3 and OSRS. I don't see it being an issue for us and we're going to continue to deliver everything we promised.
How big do you see the 07 team becoming? If the '07 team gets too big, we'll start having communication/organisation issues like any big team. Just now, it's been very handy having a small team that can be in communication with itself - and with you - very easily.
If Legacy gives RS3 players something that they'd like more than the EoC system, that's good news for the RS3 players. I don't begrudge them that.
Is there any chance that if we the player could obtain video proof of bots, could we or would we be able to submit the proof in order to help you guys a bit more in the bot detection process? I've been at experiments for days now and keep seeing the same bot running an awful script. You can send us a video if you really wanted to, alternatively just email the account names to [email protected] and we'll pass them on to our macro experts who will check them out.
The bot-hunting is done by a different team; we mostly just deal with game content and community stuff, although we try to liaise with them as much as possible. As far as I know, they're using systems that can analyse player activity rather more quickly than watching several minutes of video for each bot.
What's a typical day at JaGeX like? What's the usual routine? For me, I get in at 8am after giving my housemate, Mod Oliver, a lift in. When I get in, I usually jump straight into game to troll whoever is nearby and get feedback on the evening tweets I sent out which usually is asking for ideas on something I tweeted. From there, I generally boot up whatever stream (we use content streams here) I'm working in and get to work on the content projects you voted on. At 12, I head for lunch and then at 1, come back and finish the day off at around 4/4.30 pm. Same old really.
8pm or 8am? Typo or you work nights? Corrections included!
What are your plans for new quests? Will they be completely original, or adaptations of live game quests that came after 2007? If the former, will you come up with new stories for the questlines that are as of yet unfinished in old school? We would like to do some completely original quests as those are the best ones to write. It seems a bit dull to write and play a quest when everyone knows the story already.
With OSRS, you guys tried an entirely different approach to the game than the original Runescape. For 2014, RS3 mods announced their “Power to the Players” program which includes content polls and twitch streams. How much of this is based off the success that OSRS had with the approach? To be brutally honest, the internal politics between RS3 and OSRS is rather minimal. I'd like to think our successes had a positive and enlightening impact on their decision to go in the direction they are. I won't say what we're doing is by any means revolutionary or groundbreaking as all we're doing is letting you decide what you want and taking on feedback. Every game has to evolve and sometimes that approach simply won't work for that product. We're very lucky in that RuneScape is 13/14 years old now and has been through many episodic changes that we know what content works for our community. Hindsight really is one hell of a tool!
To be honest, I haven't been in any of the planning meetings that lead to the Power to the Players program, however the success we have had and the positivity of our community is something that hasn't gone unnoticed. I am sure it had a part to play.
It's a rather nice sign that they must think we're going in the right direction, even if we can't know for sure whether they're copying us on purpose :-)
Hello, will there be an achievement diaries update? I hope there will be, we can and want to do it. It seems it is important for the community too. So fingers crossed it will all pan out.
When are fixes going to be made for macs? Right now I play on a mac and im sure you guys are aware of the minimap spinning glitch. Sadly that's an engine problem and we're still waiting on news about that ourselves. I'll press Mod Philip who's head of engine to take a look at it soon.
Do you think you guys will ever accept Bitcoin as a payment option? That's one for our billing guys since we use the same payment module systems as RS3.
That'll be one for our finance team, sorry. Given the fluctuating value of bitcoins, they feel like a funny thing to use for paying for a computer game subscription.
Never say never, I haven't heard of it being a possibility... but who knows? - not me.
@ JohnC, what is the average day of a QA tester like? Do you get involved with the programming aspect of OSRS? I test content, offering feedback when necessary. Monitor and track bugs, contribute to design meetings and keep a keen eye on the forums, twitter and reddit. Drinking lots of Tea in between ;)
I'm curious, are you guys ever going to put clan wars in 07? I am sure that at some point before June we will be polling clan wars.
Any idea's if you're going to help liven up F2P pking? it's my absolute favourite thing to do and no one does it :( Thanks! Hmmm. I'd originally expected that we'd make the Wilderness Rejuvenation monsters and training facilities available only on the members-only worlds, not the two F2P-style worlds. That's normally how updates go. But we don't have to restrict it like that, so long as nothing tries to drop members-only items on a F2P-style world.
Do we have an ETA on the bot busting updates? While I am happy with a lot of the updates I'm seeing, the RC, Merchanting and other bots are really having a massive impact on the economy. The bot-hunting team has something new which is hopefully going to be ready for some quiet live tests next week. It's generally best if we don't divulge full details of how that team operates, since botters can read Reddit too :-)
Thanks for doing this guys. As an avid PvMer and boss killer, I have trouble finding teams for gwd. Do you think the new wilderness bosses can be soloed? Would you consider adding a solo boss similar to the QBD to oldschool? 3 of the new Wilderness bosses will be soloable and if the community want it we will be happy to add other soloable bosses to the game. Have you found the new chat room for getting GWD teams together helpful at all? If not, what can we do to help you find a team.
In one of the Q&A stream Mat K you said when you take the looting bag to a Banker he will give you your items and then will throw the Bag in the bin and the player has to get another one from the Wilderness monsters. In the Wilderness dev blog there's no mention about the banker throwing it away. How will it be then? The current plan is that the banker will throw the bag away. Getting a bag will not be difficult as every monster in the Wilderness will drop one. Banking items like this is a very difficult thing for us to achieve.
Hey guys, my only question is will you be implementing more achievement diaries into the game anytime soon? I've always loved them and it could help bring new content into the game. I love achievement diaries and we have had a few discussions about adding some new ones all at once. This is a large task and we have a lot of those on at the moment but we definitely would like to offer you them.
Is the mining/woodcutting spawn rate update going to be on the next poll? About a month ago you said it could be polled but haven't spoken about it since. It won't be in the next poll as its quite a large job and we have a lot of those at the moment, but it will appear in a poll in the near future.
Could we see Magic having a dedicated poll, auto casts/reworked augry/staff damage/arcane stream/greater runic staff? :) I agree that Magic is in need of some serious love. It's an under-loved, under-appreciated and frankly misused skill that has so much more potential. Unless you're on Ancients, there's really no need to use it in combat situations. I know we have god spells but even then, those are limited and not broad enough.
I'd like to look into this further.
Will there ever be F2P? :3. There may be, but until we have the bots, scamming, hijacking and other bad behaviour under control we can't even think about it.
Hilt and other item rates from gwd? Barrows item chance? Also on a personal question, any chance you can check trade logs? just got scammed sgs by someone in pvm clan and they are claiming they never got it. happened bout an hour ago and he also apparently sold 2 ags for irl cash today. Hilt is 1/512 from each GWD boss. Barrows items depend on the number of barrows brothers you've killed. The more you kill the more likely you are to get a drop. I think 12 is the magic kill count number to aim for. Killcount is solely for runes and other minor rewards but I believe 12 is the minimum needed for decent runes so the most efficient number to get.
Dragon chain/d2h from kq? D Chain from KQ is rather generous actually. Likewise with the D2h.
Hey guy, thanks for taking time out of your busy day to do an AMA! I only have one question for you... What are you doing about all these bots..? We have new technology in development to deal with bots, as soon as its ready we will tell you more.
If the community wanted it, are new skills or quest a possibility? And by new, I mean not in RS3. Yes, new skills and quests are a possibility. I don't see much demand for a completely new skill in an old-school game, but we'd really like to write you a new quest. Mod Reach hasn't had a chance to do a quest yet.
Is there any plan to move the Lore of the game forward? If so, will it take the same path as RS3, or will it branch off and be completely different? I would prefer not to have lore in OSRS that conflicts with the lore revealed in RS3. RuneScape is RuneScape.
In poll# 14, the question about introducing a minigame reward shop where you can use points and tokens from multiple minigames to buy new items passed. What happened to that? I haven't heard anything about since then. We offered a few items for that shop, but they didn't get 75% support, so the shop would currently be empty. For the moment, we've left it alone while we focus on the Wilderness.
I have a couple of questions: -Don't you think that the facts that legacy combat is going to be (probably) implemented ruins the idea of oldschool rs? -Are there any new quests coming up to oldschool? -How does one get a visit from a JMOD on oldschool rs? I don't think legacy mode will have any great impact on Old School. Although many players started OS for the combat system, most play it for so many other reasons now. Currently there are no new quests planned for OS, although we would love to do some.
Hello, a couple of questions; I don't think OS will overtake RS3's numbers, I have no idea what we would do if it did though.
1, Do you think osrs take over the EoC in player numbers and if it does will that impact the amount of staff and content that will come into the game? As for why Ash's voice makes you want to go to sleep... have you seen a doctor?
2, Why is it when Mod Ash talks I want to go to sleep, in a good way of course, I want him to read me a story. I think the more modern-looking version of RuneScape will always have a bigger appeal to new players who never knew RuneScape back in the '07 days. We don't see many players swapping from RS3 to OSRS - or vice-versa - at the moment, so I wouldn't expect to ever overtake them. Also, I'm not sure how desirable it would be for our dev-team to become as large as the RS3 dev-team - you already get weekly updates, and at the moment we're small enough that we can communicate with each other (and with you) very easily.
Sxi Gurl8 (please change my name It was changed my a friend and I hate it I will do anything for a different name) If I could talk like Alan Rickman, I would.
What is your favorite story from working at Jagex? Ash once told me about the developer of Desert Treasure and his understanding of modern day culture that he completely disregarded when writing desert treasure. Sadly, I can't explain what he did but I assure you it was outrageous and hilarious.
Can't explain it because you're not allowed to or just don't know how to? It was very... inappropriate and definitely NSFW.
Mod Reach - You love quests; have you considered my quest story for the monsters you have found in the archives and shown to us? I read over every suggestion I get sent (within reason!) and occasionally go back to the submissions we got during the first PDC as we have some really creative and (rather mental...) suggestions there.
I have plans for the old models don't you worry ;)
Hey, Here i am again the obsessive question asker. Hmmm, that might make a difference, yes. We'll try for something like that if we ever offer such a poll question again.
Mod Ash earlier on the Livestream you replied on the Quickpray idea. Is it possible to split up the Quickpray icon click area so both options are availabe? Maybe add a toggle option in "Setup quickpray" tab? Could Ahrim's staff attack speed be sped up so it has some use instead of being an alch item? Could you add a left click option on farming patches for when you have to use your spade like in EOC? I'd rather do the split icon thing, not the extra toggle. The more toggles we add, the harder it becomes to learn how to use the game. Some redesigning of the button would be required, though.
Thank you for answering and i'm really thankfull that you guys take so much time listening to players these days <3 //Neelke. We could do the left-click thing. I guess I've not seen very much demand for it before.
I know you have all stated the benefits of a small development team, but with the success of '07 within the past year, what would it take for Jagex to offer more resources to you guys? I'm talking about a permanent engine department, quality of life team, a quest/content developers. Just so we can see updates that both we want and you want, but that are currently out of reach because of lack of resources? Currently, Jagex sees a successful game running with a very small team. If Jagex were convinced that the game could be orders of magnitude more successful with a bigger team, I think that'd make it happen. They've already allowed us to increase our headcount by hiring Mod John C and an artist - at a time when the RS3 graphics team has not been hiring - so it's a rather promising sign so far. We've not been given our own engine guy, sadly, but Mod Phillip's been very obliging at sparing his time when he can.
Will you introduce Dragon Claws into the game? No, OP.
Will a re-sizable and fullscreen mode be added to the game? No, too much engine/GFX/dev/testing work for a team this size. Sorry.
Are your plans to always keep Oldschool as it is, or do you have future plans to slowly evolve Oldschool into a new RS through the community polls? If there's this much demand for updates, we'll be very happy to take the game in the direction the players seem to want.
This isn't really a question but a list of ideas that I would think would make the game run smoother. Repolling previous items that fell into the 65%-75% percentage range. (Mouse middle click, quest cape trimming.) Edit: Also, opinions of others are welcome too on these ideas. They are all very good ideas and eminently achievable. However, the same goes for these ideas as every other ideas. As we are a small team we have to prioritise what we do so we are working on most important things for the community. Where would you rank your ideas in the the whole priority of the community? I think achievement diaries is up near the top, so that maybe something we look at in the not too distant future though. Many of those are already on the wishlist, but here are a few comments: - Buy/Sell-X in shops is problematic because shops in OSRS recalculate the price based on the stock level. If we try to do a big sale of ~100+ items in one click, that's a lot of code to run, and the engine would complain. That's why we've started selling packs of 100 feathers/vials/tips instead. - Joining previous house/chat-channel is feasible, although we currently can't make it save the name over logout due to engine limitations. - The world queue was polled and failed. Apparently some people prefer spam-clicking over waiting in an orderly queue. - We'll repoll something if (1) we can design a better version than we offered the previous time, such as with the middle mouse button, or (2) if the original question was so poorly understood that the vote's results were meaningless.
Do you have any plans to feature player-created content at all (via competitions, perhaps), or will RS07 remain 100% from the crazy minds working at Jagex? The rooftop agility courses were designed by a player in our last Player Designed Content competition, we hope to run some more of these in the future.
How far are you all planning to go with future updates? Is there a limit to how much currently EOC content you're willing to put into the game? We put in what the community wants! Provided it is possible with our current tools and 2 developers.
Xp till next level when you hover over a skill on the stats tab It makes it a little bit easier if you can hover over a skill and it tells you how much XP you need to get to the next level. Lol - I've seen you post this on so many threads that have nothing to do with the topic!
Drill demon random event In this random event, there are four different exercises. Can we have the exercises as a emote so it can be done outside of the random event? it could maybe a rare reward form that random event? The XP-to-next-level thing is on our list of suggestions for future polls. It just hasn't made it into a poll yet. I expect it will soon; you're not the only person asking for it.
Change colour of public chat, clan chat, PM. We could add those emotes as rewards from the event. We'd need GFX for the emote buttons, but I expect we could arrange something.
Let us stop asking the non-essential questions. We need to take a step back from old school and get the REAL questions answered. How do you like your coffee? How many sugars? Do you take it with cream? Or are you a milk man? Black coffee with 1 sugar :)
Thoughts on the return of Curses and Dungeoneering in some form? I'd like to write a randomly-generated dungeon system for single players and/or groups, although I wouldn't call it a skill.
I'm not so interested in curses, but they're certainly possible provided you don't mind what GFX we use.
We can add curses if the community want us too, and that's the real question.
As for dungeoneering, we would love to do some huge dungeon raids where the bosses scale depending on the amount of people in the dungeon (imagine 100 people raids) - that would be awesome.
There have been various alternatives to counter the problems that would occur if F2P servers were to be added such as only making it available to accounts created before a certain date, 2012 for example. This would counter the mass amounts of bots, and it would allow for old players to join back in and have a taste of OSRS, then subscribe if they want more. Is this option considered as a temporary solution until the OSRS team can get things better handled? The whole purpose of F2P is to attract new players. If we limit that experience then we take away the reason to have F2P.
For trading, can we have some sort of chat filter where, for example, I can choose to see public messages from people that have the word "whip" in it? There are some technical challenges with that (for example storing more lines of chat in the client) - but that is one option we have discussed.
Would you consider closing eoc for more activity on osrs? I doubt we will ever consider closing RS3. Both games are really popular and it is great to see them running side by side.
When can we expect the development of Stealing Creation or something similar to begin and when can it be polled? The schedule for when we poll things is largely decided by the community at the time. Should a Stealing Creation type game become the biggest priority for the community we will poll it. Sadly, I think this is some way from being there.
Would a variant of the rock caverns be possible for Old school? While we don't have the GFX of the original, we could certainly make something similar. Actually, one or two of the Wilderness features we're doing are based on LRC designs.
If the new update poll passes for RS3 for switchable combat styles... Do you think OSRS will stay intact, do you think the player base will crumble? I think we'll be just fine. A few people have said they're going to move over to RS3 for Legacy, and I hope they find a version of RuneScape they like. But there's a lot more to OSRS than just its combat system, and we're expecting to be here doing OSRS updates for our community for a very long time to come.
Do you think you will ever implement true F2P for 07scape? The obvious and most immediate drawback is more bots, which will require additional resources to deal with, but I think the increase in player base would make it a worthwhile trade. It's not a decision that'd be made by the OSRS team, in the end. We can make recommendations, but Jagex's financial decisions are made at a considerably higher level. Preferably with a lot of statistics to back them up. If they decided we could have F2P, and it went out of control due to bots/hijackings/scamming/RWT, that'd do a lot of damage to a game that's currently doing rather nicely for players.
What are your plans as far as update into 07. Like how close to the current game do you plan on reaching before stopping. Do you have plans to update into the game such things as nex and dragon claws. Or do you only plan on advancing the game in a different directions than before like you have with the staff of the dead and the new kraken monster? We're not aiming to copy RS3. People often ask for stuff they've seen in RS3, but we'd just as soon do something completely different.
When dealing with things from RS3 that had distinctive GFX, our version would be forced to look inferior to the RS3 one due to the different graphics systems, so I prefer not to create knock-offs of RS3 content like that at all.
Would you guys add in runetek5 if voted upon is that possible ? That's an engine change and frankly, we don't need it. If we need amendments to the engine, we can just ask engine to add what we need.
RuneTek5 doesn't bring us anything we can't already get in our current engine.
Are there any plans to poll having bank tabs to sort your bank? Yes, if we can (1) make it work without engine support or (2) get engine support.
Hey Guys, do you think their is a possibility that raggers will be dealt with in PvP situations? The crystal bow is one of the main problems for this. We've offered a change in the Wilderness Rejuvenation project to address that particular item by making it revert to seed when dropped. We've also got High Risk worlds now, so a ragger will have to risk dropping something if they're going to have a weapon at all.
With regards to the unusually offensive abuse that some raggers have been shouting, that remains against the rules, and I would hope the Support team can continue taking action against people like that.
Last updated: 2014-02-11 06:52 UTC
This post was generated by a robot! Send all complaints to epsy.
submitted by tabledresser to tabled [link] [comments]

Noob Tries to build a Bitcoin Mining Rig - £2200 down the ... Mining & Lightning Network - Is Bitcoin (BTC) Doomed to Fail? BITCOIN: SOLO MINING VS MINING POOL! Bitcoin price analysis!- bitcoin may 29 How to Mine Darkcoin -- The GUI Friendly Simple way of mining Dark Coin USB Bitcoin Miner - The Power of 1000's Computers - YouTube

Solo mining is a way to maintain full control of your mining and not worry about pool fees or pools withholding amounts. However, it only makes sense to do this if you have a good amount of hashing power otherwise it might take you a long time to see any returns. It is therefore only recommended for advanced users and people with a lot of hashing power. Solomining Zcoin is very similar to any ... So to solo mine any other Altcoin all you have to do is apply the same procedure. We’ll show you how to GPU solo mine but the same applies to CPU as well as ASICs. Also in this guide there are two methods involved 1. Solo mining using same computer where the wallet runs 2. Solo mining using mining rig where you don’t have your wallet setup. Bitcoin - Solo Mining - Windows 7 - ATI HD 6970 v 0.7. Before you do anything with Bitcoin, you need to be running the Bitcoin software. Of course, you will have visited the Bitcoin website and read everything there. The software is on the front page of the website. Bitcoin Website. I ran the software for a couple of days before I realised that I was only using the Intel processor, not my ... I would suggest finding a pool and mining there. It is the only way to mine coins any more. Also, if you do go further in to mining and use application specific integrated circuits and/or other mining power for solo generation, you are going to want to set up a private stratum or getblocktemplate server. (or use GBT on bitcoind). Best Bitcoin Mining Software Reviewed. By: Ofir Beigel Last updated: 8/23/20 If you’re thinking of getting into Bitcoin mining, one of the things you’re going to need is a software to run your mining hardware.In this post I’ll review the top Bitcoin mining software available on the market.

[index] [32904] [13152] [37524] [16535] [17622] [2877] [10682] [30373] [47530] [31316]

Noob Tries to build a Bitcoin Mining Rig - £2200 down the ...

This is a simple program that downloads cgminer and litecoin, installs litecoin if it isn't already installed, launches litecoin in server mode, creates the ... Dan Held has recently written a fantastic article about Bitcoin's security model, addressing the concerns that many people have about the miners' current reliance on the block subsidy, and whether ... Check out my course here: https://kevin-talbot.teachable.com/p/kev-s-ebay-course 30 day No QUestions asked money back Guarantee (if you have completed under ... Are you looking for a nice guide on How to How to Mine Darkcoin? Well here i have a step by step Video guide on CPU mining and GPU mining this coin. Well here i have a step by step Video guide on ... Buy now http://buy.partners/product/bitmain-antrouter-r1-wifi-solo-bitcoin-miner-wireless-router/ Input Voltage: 110V - 220V, Input Current: 0.2A USA Plug Wi...

#